"Excellent venue and resources. Workshop at my (entry) level and friendly. I would be interested in booking further workshops"
Lyme Park Drypoint Etching Printmaking Workshop Jan 16
Discover collograph printmaking in this introduction to printmaking workshop. A collograph is a print that is made by making a collage of different textures and materials. This process is an intaglio printmaking technique in which the ink is held by the different contours and edges of the materials on the plate.This is an inexpensive printmaking technique that can produce exciting and interesting results with emphasis on texture and colour.
1. Introduction to collograph printmaking with a short demonstration of creating and printing a collograph
2. Create your own collograph using different materials and textures provided
3. Varnish, seal and dry your collograph plates ready for printing
4. Using different coloured inks provided, apply ink to your collograph
5. Print from your collograph plate using an etching press
Please bring found images or drawings to work from. Sample images will also be available.
Individual workshops on a 1-1 basis are available throughout the year at times to suit you. Prices start from £30 for a midweek evening through to £80 for a weekend, full-day workshop. Due to the time involved in this process you will need at least 2 evenings, 2 half days or a full-day workshop to complete. Click here to see the options available and to purchase a workshop voucher. Once a voucher has been purchased Lucy will contact you to arrange a workshop at your convenience. Workshops will take place in New Mills, Derbyshire.
I can also bring my workshop to you making it ideal for schools and children's parties that are just that little bit different. Please contact me for more information about this.
Click workshops for a list of current printmaking workshops